Monday, September 16

CONFETTI SALAD

I made this salad today and I like it way above average. I could eat it by itself for lunch and be very happy with it. My cooking goes in streaks and it seems I am on one.
 CONFETTI SALAD        9/16/2013
 
Salad Ingredients:

3 cups cooked rice, cooled (I usually use brown rice but you can also use white or basmati)
1 can (16-oz) red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can (16-oz) black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can (16-oz) corn (drained)
4 sliced green onions
1 small green or red pepper (finely diced)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
Dressing Ingredients:

1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar (or cider vinegar if you can eat apples)
1 tablespoon Spenda/sucralose (or sugar if you prefer)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon coriander (optional)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper


Directions:

Mix all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
Mix the dressing ingredients together in another bowl.
Pour dressing over salad, mix together.  And you’re done!  It’s that easy.

No comments: