Friday, September 20

Purchases and reports of same

I wanted some new glasses after my eye exam late in August. I was having a bit of a problem with the middle distances and I became very tired of the constant search for a pair of glasses. I asked at the optical place where I had my eye exam about cost of lenses only and put into some frames I already owned. They were very discouraging and would not give me any assurances about my frames holding up etc. and the cost would be $250 for basic lenses without extras of any kind. I had made up my mind to get them in Mexico. But then I saw an ad for an online optical business. So I started reading reviews and it seemed people were very happy with their purchases. http://www.zennioptical.com/ is the place I chose. Picked out the frames I wanted, entered my prescription info and ordered my new glasses. I ordered all the bells and whistles. Progressive no line bifocals- uv protection- top of the line protective coating and a pair of clip-on sunglasses for $111 with a case. They arrived yesterday and I love them. They are everything I wanted and they fit in every way, I would not hesitate to order through them again. When you get your eye exam be sure they include the pd info along with the rest of your prescription. The pd info is the distance from the bridge of your nose to the pupil of your eye as you look straight ahead. If you have ever had a fitting for glasses before they would have that measurement and it is one of those things that does not change with age. And they should give you that info if you call them. They did for me.  I have known people who have paid $800 for a new pair of glasses and as with many things the cost has become way out of line.
And Then...
I ordered a new Samsung Chromebook. It arrived this afternoon and I am loving it too!! I was an avid Chrome user having the browser on my main computer. I used Chrome almost exclusively so the transition to this Chromebook (a computer with the new Chrome operating system) is almost seamless. As soon as I signed into my google account  all my info from my other computer was at my finger tips. Someone had suggested that printing would be a problem but nay it is not. It was a simple process getting my current printer able to work through this computer. Worked on the first try.  If you are blessed with a high speed Internet connection as I am, you too might be happy with a Chromebook for $249.
PS: I used my cash back bonus award from Discover card to purchase it so it truly is "almost free".

No comments: