Tuesday, September 17

Rain!! Blessed Rain!

I could not believe my ears this morning! I woke up enough to realize there was a different sound I was hearing. At first I thought it was the ceiling fan going bonkers but then I suspicion-ed rain! Could it be? So I got up to investigate. At 5:23 AM we were getting actual rain-not teaser rain, but honest-to-God RAIN! I was so excited I stayed up to watch it. To be honest it is not all that unusual for me to be awake at that time but really, I opened the front door and breathed it in-and watched it come down-and was fascinated by it. I did everything but run out in my pj's and do the Julie Andrews dance.
This is the first rain we have had in Jefferson Iowa since sometime in June.

Yesterday:
A friend wanted a few tomatoes so I went out to Leo's tomato patch to get some. After I was out there I thought I should really get a picture of these tomatoes and the patch. All I had was my phone but I did get a shot. Every tomato I picked was perfect! Not a blemish anywhere. The only thing that might put a halt to these tomatoes would be frost. If he does not get a frost he will be knee deep in tomatoes for a long time. And they taste as good as they look!
See how dry the ground looks by the buckets?

No comments: