Saturday, April 4

On his feet

Butch is back on his feet and looking steady. We are in week 4, getting therapy on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He has at least another 4 weeks and perhaps six before we will even consider him driving the motorhome. I have always had Zach Hiller as a backup in my mind and he has told me he would but with the current conditions I would not ask him and I think it would be irresponsible of me to even consider it. The times they are a-changing.
There are those who are concerned with the fact that we visit and play cards and games with others in the park so I thought I would mention the care we ARE taking. No visitors are allowed into the park so the people we do see are the same ones we have seen all winter. We do practice social distancing, definitely with ones we do not recognize and to a certain degree with all others. Liz is a hairdresser and she will cut your hair but only if you have not been out of the park for 5 days or more. When I go to the grocery store (once since March 17th) I wear a mask and gloves and do my best to maintain distance. I have not encountered anyone who appeared ill although I am aware there are carriers who do not show any symptoms. I am just saying it would be disconcerting if a person did see people who were obviously ill. The park is nearly empty. Most have left for their summer homes and 90% of those remaining are year-rounders. When we do play cards we are outdoors with most often a southerly breeze. No hugs, no fistbumps, elbow bumps or any other kind of bumps. We are doing the best we can while maintaining our sanity as well as our distance.

No comments: