Sunday, March 29

Life in the slow lane

We are doing fine in our solitude. I am getting caught up and entertained on the computer and Butch is starting to get reacquainted with the book he was reading before the FALL. The Girl From Charnelle.
The Girl from Charnelle. It's 1960 in the Panhandle town of CharnelleTexas -- a year and a half since sixteen-year-old Laura Tate's mother boarded a bus and mysteriously disappeared. Assuming responsibility for the Tate household, Laura cares for her father and three brothers and outwardly maintains a sense of calm.

Having been on Keto since last June and changing my entire way of eating has been another blessing in that I have fully adjusted to cooking at home. So it has been a seamless transition and most likely why my cupboard and freezer have been well-stocked. I have not been to a grocery store or any other kind of store since March 17th. I purchased a garden mix of greens and 2 bags of radishes at that time. last night we had pork loin, sweet potato, onions, potato salad, and coleslaw. Butch called it a feast. Today will be leftovers. I am thinking I may need a grocery excursion sometime in the next week. Fresh produce will be tops on my list.

We have been having weather with temps in the high 90's. Today is cooler and cloudy and we have the windows open. Yeah!!

No comments: