Friday, April 3

Out of the house

Thursday is PT day for Butch so I decided to take advantage and go to Costco while he was working out. For those of you concerned about safety, everything is wiped down between patients, 15 feet between people is the general rule and only 3 patients in the whole facility at one time. Everything that can be done is being done.

When I went to Costco I wore a mask and gloves, they have a maze set-up for you to walk through to gain entry, all the carts are wiped down before you can get one, and there are signs everywhere to remind people to remain 6 feet apart. It is a very scaled-down version of Costco. There are no seats in the cafeteria area and the cafeteria is not in full operation. I am guessing it is for employees only. There is a masked and gloved assistant at every cash register that maintains a distance between you and the cashier while getting your purchases through checkout. There is tape at the registers every 6 feet to wait. They have made that area much larger.  No one ever touched my card or receipt.  I am guessing more than half of the shoppers were masked and gloved.  There are always risks but care is being taken.

The traffic is even less than it has been so people are getting the idea. Having not driven since last October the low traffic volume has been a blessing for me. I am getting plenty of driving these days. And I have better talent on the manual transmission just from practice.

So life goes on but at a much slower pace. We can handle it.

No comments: