Wednesday, April 1

HEB Excursion and Physical Therapy

Yesterday was Butch's Physical Therapy appointment. They are with him for an hour and I cannot go in so I planned a trip to the closest HEB to load up on groceries. First time in a store since March 17th. I wore gloves and a mask and tried my best to keep 6 feet away from all others. I had to be vigilant because there are people who rolled their eyes at me like I was being silly and appeared to have not a clue that they were to avoid me. I did see a fair amount of other people with gloves and masks. So I would say it was a 50/50 mix. I bought $103 worth of groceries. I cannot remember the last time I spent that much at one time in a grocery store.

Butch had a hard session with the therapist. He walked 80 feet with only a cane and then 80 feet back. He said he had to stop for a rest, still standing on the return trip. So they are taking steps to have less reliance on the walker. His next appointment is Thursday. We both know it will be at least a month before we can consider heading for Iowa. The therapy days are hard on him and he is ready for a nice nap when he gets home.

My groceries were getting down to some pretty repetitious stuff so I am very happy to be looking at some variety. I bought a small watermelon and it is calling my name!

No comments: