Saturday, March 14

Updating the ups and downs

I am so overwhelmed with the idea of catching up on this blog. This past week has been a whirlwind of activity starting with my birthday on the 6th of March.

It was a most pleasant and memorable birthday with Butch taking me out for lunch at Dirty Al's. It used to be we would have to go to Port Isabel or Padre Island for Dirty Al's shrimp but a couple of years ago they opened one in McAllen and that is where we went. It was delicious and I savored every bite of my shrimp. And Butch enjoyed his cheeseburger and fries. When we came home flowers were delivered from Leo and Keri. That was a big surprise. It has been years since I have received flowers. Oh yes, and a teddy bear and balloons.
The very next day in the evening is when Butch fell out of the shower breaking his leg. Needless to say that changed nearly everything. I had made our reservations for our trip North but had to cancel all that. I had changed our mail to stay in Jefferson. Canceled that. Now we do not know when we may make the trip. That is the bad news and the good news is we can stay here as long as we can rely on Leo and Keri to handle a few details for us. The main one is mowing the lawn. Butch seems to think he will be a fast healer and I certainly hope he is right. He is giving it his best effort.
These photos were taken yesterday.


I started this story before I went to see him today. It takes me about 20-25 minutes to get there. So at 9:30 off I go and when I got there I found I couldn't enter the building until noon. So I reversed my steps and came back home. I started back about 11:30 and when I got there this is what I saw.

I decided that rather than mingle with the crowd I would just wait until it thinned out. That was a mistake. I may have waited the entire afternoon. I did finally get in line. The new rules are only 2 visitors the entire day. So if I go only one other person would be allowed in. The hours strictly enforced are noon to six. We understand and do not find it a hardship to comply.
They are working him very hard but he says he can tell a big improvement every day. My friend
Mickey said to encourage him to get all the therapy he can and he wholeheartedly agrees.
Leo and Keri sent him some flowers so I took a pic.
  He was a pooped puppy!
Beautiful!
I am a bit worn myself so maybe tomorrow I will follow up with more.

No comments: