Saturday, March 30

Post Nasal News

It went off without a hitch on my end because I slept through it. I am feeling a bit more like myself this morning. My restrictions are that I can not bend over or lift anything heavy. No problem as long as Butch is willing to be a house elf. Harry Potter fans will get the reference.

I was in the door of the South Texas Sinus Institute at 7:30 AM and back out again at 10:30 or so. Butch watched the procedure on a monitor in the surgical waiting room. Dr. Honrubia asked him if he had been watching and he said yes. He said, "So you saw the removal of those 3 pockets of infection." Butch said he had. That was what had been making my life miserable almost all winter.

I am supposed to breathe through my mouth for the next 9 days. That is and will be the hardest part because it dries out my mouth and feels like I have a cold. You know-the stuffy nose feeling? For the most part, it is not too bad a thing to go through and I do believe if a person did not have the infection going into it, it would be simpler still. I did not come home with packing in my nostrils. They only do that if there are bleeding issues and apparently, I did not have any although they had warned me it was possible.
It is really strange that I would be the one to have this procedure done because it has been Butch with long term sinus issues. He plans to look into it next fall. I am looking forward to enjoying life on a whole new level.😊

No comments: