Thursday, December 28

BUTTERNUT SQUASH APPLE BAKE RECIPE

The history of this one is I found it on Facebook, thought it looked good so I saved it.
Then a grown daughter of a friend of mine made it and it became a favorite for her family.
I have to agree. I love it!
Now an added tip for this recipe is that if you toss that
butternut squash in the microwave for about 3 minutes it will be so much easier to peel.
I did cut the bulb part off before I microwaved the two pieces.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH APPLE BAKE RECIPE


INGREDIENTS
1 butternut squash (2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
3 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350°. Layer squash and apples in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Mix brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Drizzle with butter.
Bake, covered, until squash and apples are tender, 45-55 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.

No comments: