Monday, December 25

Donna's Famous Bean Salad

I would hate to caculate the hours I have spent looking for this recipe on my computer. I knew it had to be there somewhere and I finally found it in an email sent to a friend asking her to print it off for me. The result of one of these long searches is that I then put it in several locations and especially in the places I looked first. Thus you will find it here and on the recipe page within this blog.
Mr. Butch is not a big vegetable guy  and I miss them sometimes and this is a way to have some on hand that do not easily spoil. It is simple, easy and delicious.

Recipe:   Donna's Famous Bean Salad        5/5/2009
Category: Side dish
Author:   Donna Ellis

Any kind of canned beans: drained and rinsed when necessary
Green Beans
Lima Beans
Black beans
Navy beans
Corn
Pimento
Chopped onion
Mushrooms
Dressing:
1/2 C vinegar
1/2 C Sugar or Sugar substitute
1/2 C vegetable  oil

This recipe was given to me orally by Donna Ellis. She said she never has the
same combination twice and to always make it with the idea of sharing with
others because it makes too much for two. When asked if white vinegar or apple
cider vinegar she said whichever you want. So with these general directions in
mind I plan to make it because her version was very delicious.

No comments: