Tuesday, July 15

Interesting afternoon

I am getting better at this long distance computer assistance. Phone call from Michigan-
We have a new camera and I want to get the pictures off my camera and on to my Chromebook but nothing happens. It took a bit for the rust to flake off . I signed into Chrome on the Chromebook . Butch has been using the Chromebook so I had not been on it in a while. His wifes account worked for them to bring in the pictures from the camera. After the fact I knew why that happened. When we set up her account we signed into Google photos and brought in a few pictures to briefly show her how it worked thus the computer recognized that when she hooked up the camera those pictures were to go into that spot. However we set up her husbands account later and we didn't introduce him personally.wink,wink. Once we opened Google photos while in his account and let it find the camera photos they came in and it will take care of itself in the future.
The other problem was more commonplace but often difficult to find. A friend was trying to send him emails and they were never getting to him. My first instinct was  either they were going into spam or the email address was wrong in some way. Checked spam and that wasn't it. So then we looked at the address.  Oftentimes someone will leave a space usually near the @ sign  so the email will look like this blank @gmail.com instead of blank@gmail.com. You can see how easy that might be to miss. But that was not the problem this time. Cue was the first word of the email address and his friend was using que. So that one letter was fouling up the works. How did I find this long distance? I know both fellows so I sent the friend the man's email address as I knew it to be and then asked him to send an email from the message I sent instead of from his contact list.  And that made it clear. And we all breathed a sigh of relief.

A while back a lady asked if Butch would paint her garage door. I assured her she didn't want him to but today he did a bit of painting in a potting shed and I wish I had taken a picture of him so I had proof. He was paint clear to his elbows and beyond. Thank god it was only a potting shed.

And now I will get the latest photos of todays work:


Shingles will be the job for tomorrow...whoohoo!!

No comments: