Saturday, July 19

Progress report for Friday

 Current condition. Roof done- Ty-vec on. Next step come Monday is windows!! Yeah!! I am sure all eight will not be done in one day but windows and door will be the next big adventure.




Saw this "bike" on the RV newsletter and fell in love. Will I buy one? No. But I sure would like to ride on one sometime.

Friday on the trail was animal Friday. First off there were two fawns on the trail near Vest street. In town this is. They were running toward me and I really think they thought I was Mom until I stopped. Butch and I watched a documentary on deer and their eyesight is very poor. That is why they stop and watch. They can detect movement but that is about it. So they spend much of their life being puzzled by things around them, thus the deer in the headlight phrase. Once I stopped they went on alert and soon veered off into the closest corn field.

Next animal was a squirrel. Mr. squirrel happened to be on the graffiti bridge railing just as I came to the bridge. He went into a panic and we raced across the bridge. I stayed on the trail and he jumped into a tree. Next was another deer. A very large deer that bounded across the trail in front of me. Not close enough to be scary but close enough for me to go Whoa!!

Then. I was on the river bridge and it is high up over the river and as I looked down a herron was flying upriver. Really cool to see.

And then more deer. about 10 of them off a ways enjoying Mr. Farmers corn crop.
Not many rides like that one. Of course rabbits are all over in various sizes so I ride along ringing my bell to let them know I am coming. Maybe I should get a train whistle. That would be appropriate.
This morning I didn't ride but did walk with Colleen. We have company coming from Atlantic for the weekend. Randy and Sherri Clark. That will give me much to say come Monday. wink, wink.

No comments: