Wednesday, September 11

More news of the negative kind.

My online credit card, the one I use only for online purchases has once again been compromised. I am so glad that we have two. Butch uses the one for all other purchases not on the Internet and we have not had a problem with that one. So what to do now??? Hmmm. I found this out because I had set an amount to be notified by email if a purchase was over that amount. $500. And sure enough I received an email that I had purchased Facebook ads for the amount of $500! I called Discover right away and they will be sending me new cards. But what to do about it is perplexing. So now I am associating a different email account with the new credit card. I will use it only for this credit card. I have had our keep.movin.on email for many years and I am thinking perhaps this may be how they are getting my info. Heck, I do not know, but I do know I will not give up the convenience of buying online. I will add as many precautions as I can and hope for the best.

No comments: