Wednesday, September 11

Big News Day!

Not necessarily in chronological order.
When I returned from my walk this morning I noticed something bright pink in the yard. Our survey has been done!! And we are well within our lot lines on all counts!! We have heard the last from the smart mouth neighbors. We called their bluff the big old bullies. Father and son can now cease and desist. Leo suggested I get a whole pile of copies and hand them one every time they want to talk about it. I took pictures: The little pink things might be a bit hard to see but they are there and that is what counts.
 A little hard to see the pink flag in the back yard but it is on the left side of the toys in the yard beyond
The orange flag is marking the fiber optics work but it is very close to the actual property line.


In this shot you can see the actual pins they use .

front yard pin

It is well to the south of our driveway.

And now onto other news. We went Best Brand chair shopping while in Spencer for the fair. Found my chair at Matts Furniture. Of course I did not buy it because we were not in the right situation to do so and they wanted too much money. I paid $324 for my last chair. The best deal I could get with them was $569. Not good. And then Leslie suggested we try Nebraska Furniture Mart. So Butch needed to do a small bit of electrical for Emily and Joe who live in Omaha so we combined the trip yesterday. Nebraska Furniture Mart had only one chair on display but that did not matter because I knew what I wanted. This chair was a butt ugly color and they wanted $289 for it. Butch asked if we buy more than one chair will the price be lower. He said, "Absolutely!" We bought 3 chairs in my fabric choice for $315 a piece. By the time they were stain treated and delivered to us the total for 3 chairs was a bit under $1200. The negative for this is that we may not be able to get them delivered until Nov 7th. So we may be staying in Iowa until we get our chairs. We will cross that bridge when we get to it. 

We enjoyed our trip to Omaha and back and listened to our audio book "The Potato Factory". We stopped in Oakland Iowa to see Dick and Leslie's new house. It is a beautiful one to say the least.
Dick painted a family tree on the wall and then they added family pictures. Well done!

See the little yellow butterflies on Leslie's flowers?

These were taken near Adair Iowa. They are firmly entrenched on the Iowa landscape.





No comments: