Monday, September 9

3 days without Internet

3 days without Internet puts me way behind. We went to the Clay County Fair as we have in years past to meet up with Magnolia Park friends the Cooklin's and the Cleaveland's plus others. We had a great time and wore ourselves out. The weather was hot and my feet were aching big time but it was fun in spite of my feet.
Marlene and Bernard came down on Saturday night to share a meal with us and it was fun catching up on family events as well. (Marlene is Butch's sister)
My photos did not do as well this year as in years past but I still like to participate. I had one second place and two third places so I did not strike out completely.
We came home to a big surprise- Leo was doing some yard maintenance for us! Thank You Leo!! Also I am not certain I have shared this info with you but we plan to have our property surveyed because every time our name comes up with anyone our neighbor speaks with, he feels it is necessary to inform them that we are infringing on their property. Same was true as Leo was working on our lawn. So Leo told him we were going to have our place surveyed and he said, "Oh no, you do not need to do that, I can show you where the pins are!" Leo told him it was too late as we already have it scheduled...and we do. The neighbor thinks it is an unnecessary expense but I am sick of hearing him flap his mouth about it. My thought is that he protesteth too much and it has been my experience when someone keeps bringing up the same info all the time it is themselves they are trying to convince. So we will see...and either way we all will know the truth of it.
Here are some 2013 fair pictures:


Butch is going to buy our tickets.

Norma, Dale and Leslie are shucking sweet corn.


I left my camera with Butch.

Norma received an outstanding on her painting.

This fellow spent a great deal of time preparing his tractor for the fair.




Baby Alpaca



Miniature Donkey.

No comments: