Sunday, April 22

Saturdays blog entry


Our Blog- Saturday
Yesterday after arriving at our cozy little home, one of the first things I tried to do was connect to the Internet and I was unable to do so. This time I did get hold of a Verizon tech support person who seemed to know what he was doing.  After an hour or so of jiggle-jaggle we came to the conclusion that my device is not working correctly. So they are sending me a new one and it will take 3-5 business days. In other words sometime next week I might have a new device. My next question to this tech guy was," What if it doesn't work?" " If it does not work I will want out of our contract." He assured me that if it did not work it would not be  a problem getting out of our contract because it would be sanctioned by tech support. So if it works, okay ,but if not I will be searching for another option. We have had company in the past who were able to use their Verizon connection so I think it probably will work.
We do have some neighbors I could "borrow" from if I knew who they were and their security key and I may do some investigating and pay them for the privilege if they are open to the idea. In the meantime I will go out to Leo and Keri's to use their connection.... So enough of the Internet woes.
Correction!!!!
It was not Leo who mowed our lawn 3 times. It was Keri! I am sorry about that Keri. I really should have realized that Leo was too knee deep in tax preps to be able to take time to mow.

We ventured up to the Uptown Cafe for breakfast/lunch yesterday and when we walked in it was like old home week. Of course it was! We spent quite some time there visiting with Paul and Joy Bartley, John Hamilton, John Redfern and various other acqauintances. It could not have seemed more welcoming had it been planned.

We called DirecTV to renegotiate for a lowered rate. This has worked in the past but it seems this time we had a modicum of success. There was  $5 HD extra plus package that we were able to take off that brought our monthly cost to $78.99 plus tax. He did tell me that there are promotions all the time with different discounts so it pays to call now and then to see what they are but right now there are no discounts that would help lower our bill any further than it is. I will call them now and then until I hit the jackpot. Hehehe...More than one kind of lottery it seems.

Last evening Keri invited us for supper at Bev and Barts BBQ. It was delicious and then we ventured on to the Mexican restaurant for dessert. After all the re-meets and greets are done I will need to get my exercise and diet routine firmly established.
It felt really good to hit that mattress last night after our week of travel. Till next time...

No comments: