Thursday, April 26

Holding Pattern


Thursday, April 26, 2012
I have told Butch, "No more Rhubarb Pudding!" The stuff is just too good. I have discovered that my little apartment size stove I have in the garage and consider so handy is not working correctly. I knew it was running hot so Butch checked it for me. It is too old and does not have a calibration on it. So its malfunction is that the temperature keeps climbing. Try and cook with that feature!! I have been successful so far but I do not believe I would try something that needed to bake for more than 30 minutes. I put the rhubarb pudding in at 275 and when I took it out 30 minutes later the oven thermometer registered 360 and Butch assures me it would keep going up. So it is too old to fix. If I happen upon an aprtment size stove that works though I will be very tempted to buy it for our garage. I have discovered it is very handy to have an oven in the garage. Think summer kitchen.

 I am in a holding pattern.  As we were tooling through the countryside, somewhere in Oklahoma I believe, we received a call from our credit card company telling us our credit card had been comprimised and they had sent us a replacement that we had not activated. This phantom credit card had made a roundtrip to Texas and back. We did finally receive it but not before calling them and telling them we needed a new card because we had no idea where it was so it isn't any good to us. So we are waiting for the second new card and it rather ties us up on using it. Plus I have several auto deducts that come out of that card that I need to update to the new number but it has to wait until I know what it is....thus a holding pattern. Sure hope that stinker shows up in the mail today so I can get that little bugaboo off my plate.
It seems that every now and then we must endure a batch of these little irritations. The secret to maintaining ones sanity is to remember that they are minor and they will pass.

No comments: