Sunday, September 19

Time Marches On

Our time here is winding down. Funny how it sneaks up on you. Many things jump to mind that I need to get done before we leave. I have done one thing on my list. Learning the cluster bracelet from Linda. They are not a favorite of mine but young people seem to really take to them and I have a few young people in my life. After I learn one I need to make several in a row to get the procedure firmly planted in my head. So now I am working on the 3rd one.
Yesterday Jack asked me to come to his office to help get some info out to prospective workampers for next year. We emailed about 80 people but of course only a fraction will respond or take him up on his offer. It has been a great experience here. I have learned so much and become acquainted with a great part of the country. Michigan is a special place and so much more than a name on a map. The biggest surprise to me is the cleanliness of everything-the air-the water- the countryside-the towns. It is all very clean. I will miss that about Michigan most of all. And we have made more new friends from all over the country and it will be much fun to connect up with them in other places as I am sure we will.
Butch is out mowing greens this morning with his winter coat on. We had a freeze warning last night. It was close but I do not think it made it to 32. I think 34 was the magic number. Too close for comfort however. I put my plants under the motorhome for protection.
We have an RV group coming in today so we will be tied to the place until all 9 Rv's are settled into their slots. It is one of the side effects of campground hosting that many people do not think about. You cannot wander off for a walk, a golf round or anything else until they have all arrived and been dealt with. Those hours sure add up in a hurry though!
So I think we are going to partake of Sunday brunch in the Grill and stick close to home.
Oh yes, A recommendation to Netflix users: The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency. It was an HBO series and we are on the first of 3 DVD's. Very different type show and quite fun. We are looking forward to the next ones.
Later...

No comments: