Tuesday, September 21

Missed opportunity

I have been taking picture-taking walks the last few days but left the camera at home yesterday because of time constraints. We were waiting for a motorhome to get here and Butch was supposed to go golfing so I hurried to get the walk in. The sky was deeply blue and the leaf color brilliant in many locations and I bet I said to myself ten times I need my camera. So this morning we have partly cloudy skies and wind. Yuck...but I still need to get my walk in. Hopefully we will have more deep blue skies with more brilliant leaf color another day.
Yesterday morning we had another beading session and I borrowed enough purple beads to make a purple cluster bracelet. I have a friend who is partial to purple and I think she will like it very much. She is not the most faithful of blog readers so I have doubts she will see this. Be interesting to see if that is correct. wink, wink.
This blooming hen and chicks is still at it! I will let it go wherever it will to see where it goes from here.


 We have had two nights of frost warnings so I have placed my plants as far as I can under the motorhome. Cannot get much better cover than that. So far, so good.
Butch is off golfing with the guys. I need to get some cleaning and laundry done but that sure does not sound like much fun. We will see what wins out.
Just thought of a tip for RVers to share. Every now and then our toilet will not hold water after we flush it. In an RV you need to keep water in it to keep the seals from drying out and to keep the holding tank odors in the holding tank. So no water in the tank is not something to be ignored. Our water here at Thunder Bay is quite hard and I had noticed a hard water build up on other things, like the bottom of the water pitcher and the coffee pot etc. So I put vinegar in those items and it dissolved the hard water deposits in short order. I happened to think the same thing could be keeping the toilet from holding water so I placed a small amount of vinegar in the bowl, let it sit for about an hour and lo and behold it worked. I have had to do this twice now since we have been here and it worked well both times.
Till next time...

No comments: