Saturday, September 25

Times are a changing...

Today Butch mowed the greens as usual. Hard to believe there are people willing to spend good money to play (bad) golf in this weather, but they do! Golf is a warm weather game. In cold weather your ball doesn't go anywhere. Your hands get numb. It is hard to have the flexibility needed with all the clothes you need to keep warm. It is harder to hear "FORE!" with your ears covered. There are just a cart load of reasons to not play golf in cold weather and yet they do. Butch is out there this morning- playing golf. Yawn...
Hitch itch has a hold on me. Every now and then Butch teases me and says, "You ready to go?". And I say, "Yes, I am". I know he isn't serious but I am. It won't be long now. 10 or 11 more days depending on weather. We will not take off in weather like we had yesterday. No sense in fighting wind like that when you do not have to. Very anxious to see the kids and everyone else we can work in before heading south.

I want to explore this path on a nicer day. I think it is a snowmobile path in the winter.

Love the brilliance of the leaf color.

No comments: