Friday, September 24

Rainy Days

We had a beautiful fall day on Wednesday but Thursday dawned with heavy rain. Beading class was at 9:30AM and it was pouring but I put my stuff in the car and drove up there. We made a tennis bracelet. It is pretty but I am not at all sure I will make another one. I know how to make 5 different kinds now and I think that will be more than enough to keep me busy. I am having fun with it.

Tennis Bracelet
At class Joy gave me the directions for a Spiral Rope bracelet so I had to come home and work that one up too.
Spiral Rope Bracelet

The group-From L to R- Kathy, Casey, Linda and Joy. 
Everyone was concentrating on their tasks.

This morning I felt compelled to get some cleaning done- cloudy today with lots of wind. So much in fact we ended up bringing the slide in because the cover over the slide was in danger. Butch helped in between aiding an RV into his spot and taking care of the parks garbage. When I took the rugs out to shake there was a drowned ground squirrel  in our rain bucket. Gave me the heebie jeebies! The poor thing was standing up under water and actually looked alive. Butch said, "Is it swimming?" I said "No"! He said then it is dead.
Did not like that little episode.
Then when I had some free time I decided to take apart 2 of my bracelets and Butch wanted me to take apart one of his. He felt his was too large and wanted to make it smaller. I had made a mistake or two on mine and wanted to correct it. So that is how we spent the rest of today. Had beef fajitas for supper.
Good day...except for the ground squirrel!


No comments: