Friday, September 17

Beading and Meeting

Thursday is beading day and we are going to add a second day to the schedule. So now we will be beading on Mondays and Thursdays. I learned how to make a cluster bracelet yesterday. The rest of the class had already learned it ahead of me but some needed refreshers so Linda made the day a cluster bracelet day. I finished mine last night.


I thought it turned out pretty good. Now I have to do another one right away so I don't lose the knowing how part.
We then had a scheduled meeting with Jack, the owner of Thunder Bay Resort to discuss the rest of the season and the things he would like to see done before we all head out for warmer climes. He treated us to pizza. Yeah, another meal I didn't have to prepare. Butch and I are leaving October 5th or 6th just a bit ahead of the time he would like us to but doctor appts await. Need to get them out of the way so we can enjoy another healthy season in Sunny South Texas. Last year we were both able to get through the season without a doctor visit of any kind. We would like to repeat that this season.
I spent the remainder of the afternoon and evening finishing off the bracelet.
This morning I was able to get my walk taken. It rained yesterday so it was a pass. Rob and Ronni and their guests Jim and Diane wanted me to show them where we found the Petoskey Rocks so I stopped on my route at the quarry and all of us were successful in finding Petoskeys. I guess Jack was right when he said they are very abundant. The place is loaded with them and once your eye is trained to see them they jump out at you.
So now Butch is golfing and I am trying to catch up on posting to the blogs.
We plan to go to Alpena this afternoon for a bit of shopping. Now that we are campground hosting it makes it a bit tougher to get away. If we know one is scheduled to come in  we feel obligated to hang around until they arrive. There has been one a day for most of the week but today is open. Sunday there is a club coming in so there will be no going anywhere that day.
Till next time...

No comments: