Thursday, July 29

Why I like Gmail-(Cucumber/Onion Dressing)

Smileycons! I lost many of my recipes when my computer failed on me last winter. I wanted a recipe that friend Mickey gave me and I knew I had asked her for it by email so I go to Gmail online and do a search for 'cucumber' and after just a wee bit of looking found the recipe. Note the date on the recipe. It doesn't matter how long ago the recipe was sent you can do a search and retrieve it.
Now about this recipe- If I remember correctly Mickey used Miracle Whip. I usually use mayo for sandwiches but I liked this recipe so well as is that I will buy Miracle Whip for this recipe alone.
Enjoy!
Recipe:   Cucumber/Onion Dressing        8/25/2008
Category: Side
Author:   Mickey's aunt

1 C. Miracle Whip
1/2 C. Sugar or Splenda
4 T Apple Cider vinegar
salt to taste
Cucumbers and onions, sliced

Slice Cucumbers and onions. Layer in a dish  and lightly salt each layer.  Combine 
dressing ingredients and pour over cucumber/onion layers. Refrigerate for 
several hours before serving.

No comments: