Sunday, July 25

And then we...

After our return from Mackinac we had to busy ourselves with earning our keep so bright and early we started cleaning up around the suites, villas and chalets. That consists of blowing off the decks and entrances with a leaf blower, knocking down cobwebs, wiping off deck chairs and washing windows that are reachable. That was a big job to begin with but now that we have caught up it isn't too hard to maintain. Butch also added a air conditioner replacement install to his list of ToDo's.
I planned to make a slideshow of our Mackinac pictures but there are a 130 of them and that is way too many for a Smilebox slideshow. They take some time to load even with a fast connection so I am thinking I will put them on Webshots.
I am really excited about the new stats feature on Blogger. I have always been curious about the traffic this site and the others get but had no way of knowing. Now I do. Of all the ones I do, this one gets the most action. I am sure that when winter is here the Magnolia one will increase and this one decline a bit. I always plan to be fair to both. It should be very interesting to see the long range stats.
So Friday was spent working and getting caught up on things.

Butch always moans and groans about getting up so early on weekends to mow the greens. He loves to mow the greens but would rather do them later in the day. Of course that doesn't work because then there are golfers in the way. After the poor boy finished mowing greens at 9:00 AM we decided to go out for breakfast. We have not eaten out much here and that is a good thing as we get more than enough of that the rest of the year. After breakfast we stopped at a farmers market on the corner and purchased sweet corn, tomatoes, jalapeƱos, onions, cucumbers and a humongous head of cabbage. The cabbage had to weigh at least 12 pounds and cost me a whole $1.50.
Part of my job here is music promotion and I needed some better shots of the musicians playing last night so I reminded myself all day that I needed to do that and I wanted to get it done while the houselights were still up, in other words early. Well, Butch had a Netflix movie "The Imaginarium of Mr Parnassus" and he started it about 6:30PM and I forgot about getting the pictures! That was the time I should have been heading to The Barn. I did not forget because the movie was so great. His kind of movie not mine. So about 8:00 I remembered and trotted up for pictures. I am hoping they are an improvement on what I currently have.
Fellow workamper Linda Payne sang with the band. She is GOOD! She sang 'Unchained Melody' and gave me goosebumps.

Butch,Tom, Ted and Howard are Playing in a golf tournament this morning. Butch was going to pass on it because it is our anniversary but I assured him it would be fine. It isn't as though we never spend time together.
I have plans for making a salsa, beading or Swedish weaving, reading and whatever else suits my fancy so till next time...

No comments: