Thursday, March 4

Butch Update Thursday AM

 I called Butch earlier this morning and he told me he didn't sleep well due to too much phlegm. This has been a chronic issue for him so nothing new there but what do you do when you have a tube down your throat? My anxiety goes up a few notches when he has trouble.

Well, he just called and his surgeon came in and he will be getting some Claratin -D. They took x-rays last night and everything looks good. His bowel is just slow to respond and that is not unusual. Now the tube has to stay in because of the phlegm and he understands. Having reasonable answers is all he needs to be more content. Seeing a light at the end of the tunnel also helps.

The difference in his voice from my first phone call to when he called me was like night and day. I rest easier when he does...and vice versa.

I will be going up at noon so will post again later today. It is so much easier for me to use the blog to communicate and I do appreciate all of you checking in to see the updates.

No comments: