Tuesday, March 17

My yesterday

I went to Mexico. Yup, you read that right. I went to Mexico. I made a mistake the last time I went and purchased the incorrect eyedrops for sis-in-law Marlene so I needed to get that fixed before we head north and decided now was better than later. I went with Paul and Sally. Paul is Butch's pool partner and also they are a couple we play Dirty Board with. Although I may never play it again and that is a story for another time.
It was packed down there and the line to get out seemed neverending. This was around 10:30AM. Paul and Sally walked down to Hectors with me on the west side street. It was the first time they had been off the main drag. It is a faster trip if you do not have to weave in and out of people. Hector was busy. Hector is always busy. I made the exchange and we were then on our way back to Jessica's for lunch. I had Chicken Fajita Special the same as last time I was there and it was equally delicious. $4.95. You also get a free margarita, tortilla chips and salsa and a small bowl of ham and bean soup. That last bit is all free. Along with all that, there is music, dancing, and entertainers. Talk about being catered to! We then came back to the main drag to El Disco where I picked up 3 large bottles of vanilla before heading home. Miraculously, there was no line for walkers! We came directly through. There was a fairly long line for car traffic. Back in the USA!
I called Butch when I got home and interrupted one of his therapy sessions but he was relieved to hear from me and know that all was well. We are living in uncertain times.

Butch found out that his release date is March 24th. He is doing very well with his therapy and relearning how to live with a broken leg while it heals. I have not seen him work this hard since we remodeled the house in Iowa.

I am going over to Magnolia Park this morning. Peggy and I use the same laundry soap. Kirkland Free and Clear and it comes in a very large container. I am nearly out and she has offered to give me a refill. It will be a good time to visit as things are really slowing down in the valley. I will stop by and see Susan Van Houweling before she heads back to Iowa next week.
Stay tuned!

No comments: