Sunday, June 30

Such a busy woman I am!

I am very busy enjoying every minute of having my life back and being extremely grateful for every second of it. I have all these projects lined up and I am ticking them off one by one. Some have been on a 'want to do ' list for literally years.
Butch is in Missouri doing work for granddaughter Amanda and her husband Brad. That was on the agenda last Spring on our way north but it didn't work out for many reasons. When he is finished we will be able to overnight there with the moho on our trip north and south. I opted to stay in Iowa. My projects, remember? Also, I will be doing trivia at the Elks on Wednesday night and we didn't want Butch under any pressure to hurry his job.

Butch dropped me off at the hairdressers for a haircut before he left to go south and after getting my haircut I walked to Mickey's. I knew she was having a garage sale and it had been a long time since we had touched base. I said I haven't seen you for a week and she said actually it has been two!! We always have a bunch of stuff to catch up on. Jerilynn gave me a ride home and I was grateful. We are having a heat wave.

Jason and Laura were here yesterday and after they played 9 holes of golf. Yes, Laura played too! They took me to 209 Main in Paton for supper. On the way back we stopped and visited with Leo and Keri. Always a fun time with the kids even though they are not really kids anymore.

Projects:

This project has been waiting for a year. These windows are on the south. Usually, I am anti-curtain but when the temps are in the upper 90's it is time to keep some of that sunshine at bay. So I bought some really cheap sheets at Walmart and altered them to fit and placed them on tension rods on the south-facing windows. Yes, they are a boring white but I figured I might give them some "Colleen" treatment at a future date. 

Mickey has been hosting some acrylic pour painting sessions in her basement and it is a fun time letting the creative juices flow. This is the latest one I have done.
 A closer look


Future projects:
This one will be a Mandala. Definition: A mandala is a symbolic picture of the universe. It can be a painting on a wall or scroll or visualization in the mind of an artist. Here is a pic of one of someone who knows what they are doing. Mine will not look like this. 
Pretty Rainbow Mandala Flower Vinyl Decal Sticker (12" Wide)

Here is my blank waiting for me to be inspired.

Another project awaiting me is updating this table that has been here a few years after being found on an auction for $3.

No comments: