Wednesday, June 26

July is right around the corner!

I was watching the weather report a couple of days ago when one of the news anchors asked the weather guy how many days since the first of the year would we have had a complete day of sunshine. He said that is an interesting question and I will have to check. He did not think it could be more than 5!! I know every morning I have hopped or drug myself out of bed with the purpose of getting my butt out the door for a walk and been met with rain or the threat of rain. You all know how much I enjoy taking photos and cloudy weather is not optimal for the best photos. Hope is in my heart!
Yesterday I continued my efforts to get the yard tidied up with removing weeds, picking up flotsam and jetsam and making it look up to my standards. FYI- my standards are kind of low. Weather and wet have been the main obstacle but energy was close behind. All things were 'go' yesterday including me!  A 10-pound weight loss can make a huge difference. I haven't lost any more but I have stayed steady so I know what I have lost is real. And more importantly, I feel so much more energetic.

Just got a text message about a $1.00 charge on our main credit card. The charge was made today! Nope! Not us! So I called and got that straightened out. We have new cards on the way. But the thought just trickled through my head that I need to check what auto pays if any are associated with that card number. And of course, none are readily coming to mind. Well, that put a new wrinkle in my day!

These are the photos of the past few days:
This was taken on 6/25 and it was the view where I am sitting while on the computer. It was a good thing I was quick because it lasted less than a minute
 And this is the prolifically blooming Christmas cactus and the 'never give up' geranium. I didn't realize they were so close to the same color


No comments: