Wednesday, April 3

Day 6 of Recovery

These are lyrics from the song Big Yellow Taxi by Counting Crows and they seem appropriate. 
Don't it always seem to go 
That you don't know what you've got til it's gone" 
These lyrics are what I thought of this morning as I contemplated where I am now and where I have been for most of this winter season. My vision, hearing, and sense of smell have all intensified in the last 6 days and I did not know they were gone! I have a renewed sense of overall well-being that I hope to hang on to forever! And the one biggy thing is being pain-free.

Butch and I walked up to the hall for trivia last night and it felt really good to be doing that in all ways. It was warm, the air was clean and all was right in my world.

Still being trivial on Tuesday night at 6:30 PM in the Sunrise Room. Last night was a tough one and I will try to lighten up the questions for next week. It can be a challenge to balance out the questions for easy, medium and difficult. I have played and hosted trivia competitions in several locations and there always seems to be one team that consistently carries the victory banner and in Trophy Gardens that team is Team SmartyPants and they came in first once again. Team BooBees was a close second. I am proud of all the teams in the trivia family and appreciate their efforts wherever they end up in the lineup.

So today is Wednesday and I am looking forward to it despite the fact that it is cloudy. The high for today will be in the 80s and that is also the forecast for the next 10 days.

Yesterday Butch went to play golf with the Magnolia golfers only to discover they had canceled but did not inform him. After that sour note, he came back home and we went to Costco for gas and groceries and a bank withdrawal. We had lunch at Raising Canes. It has become one of our favorite lunch places. We love their chicken fingers and their lemonade tastes like Mom's did when we were kids. It is made with real lemons, not from concentrate and the difference is remarkable. Butch and I share a 4 piece combo and it is plenty for both of us.

Enough for now and on with our day. We hope yours is a good one too.


No comments: