Friday, December 21

Oh the plans we made...

When we decided to come to Trophy Gardens instead of Magnolia after much consideration one of our goals was to be less busy in our daily schedule. So much for that! I do believe we, or perhaps I should say Butch is busier than ever!  However, the days do fly by much the same as before.

Maybe but only maybe things will slow a bit after Christmas. I do not really believe that! We will be going to El Mana for Christmas like we did for Thanksgiving. Juanita, our hostess will be putting together our Christmas meal with ham or pork loin. I was concerned about Juanita giving up her Christmas for us but I found out she has no husband or children so she is happy for us to be her substitute "children". And we are happy to call her our Mom.

Our weather has moderated. Highs are in the low 70's and lows in the 40's and 50's. Today our
humidity level was 36%. Beautiful weather. We are loving it. It is cool enough for the furnace to run overnight but quickly warms to perfect.

A bit of bad news reached us from Jefferson. No more HyVee Trivia Night. It will be life changing for us but after 75 years of life and 60 years of marriage, I have learned to roll with the punches.
I still do not like it! Trivia night was the highlight of my week!


No comments: