Friday, November 16

Calendar and Simply Walking

Just looked at the calendar and we have been here 3 weeks and two days! I have been sick for 2 of those weeks. I have an impossible time believing I have ever been that sick for that long. I believe that I went straight from a head cold to a nasty sinus infection.
Butch and I went for a walk yesterday. A short walk. He is playing golf this morning so I went for a walk on my own. Deon informed me of an app to map a walking distance. I have been looking for one ever since the one I did have started charging a fee for it. $2.99 a month seemed like way too much to merely know how far you had walked. The one Deon suggested is free and simple. In fact, that is the name of it, Simply Walking. Today is the first time I have used it and it is a keeper.
I walked 34 minutes and 23 seconds-1.53 miles at 2.67 mph-3,832 steps and burned 139 calories. It felt like a hundred miles! Before leaving Jefferson I was walking 2.25 miles per day. It usually took me 40-45 minutes and I arrived home refreshed and ready to start my day. I have a ways to go to recover.

No comments: