Sunday, November 6

Off we go!

Headed south tomorrow morning. The forecast is for rain.It will be the first time in a very long time that we will be traveling in less than perfect weather. Butch says he does not mind driving in the rain as long as it isn't heavy. So we hope for the best. We are headed for Antlers OK located off the Indian turnpike. It is 251 miles from our current location at Carthage MO. I asked the manager at Antlers RV Park how far off the turnpike they were located and she said about 2 blocks. That sounds doable.
I am not sure of an Internet connection from here on out so it may be a few days before you hear from us. Thursday is our planned arrival date for Magnolia Village. With new owners, we stopped being a park and became a village. Not sure how long it will take to get me used to that change.

Received word that they missed us at HyVee's Trivia night last Thursday. They  came in 3rd. Dick (Dugan) McQuillen is the anchor on that team. He has a fantastic memory and that is a very admirable trait when you are in the later decades of your life. I know because my memory used to be something that never failed me. I cannot pinpoint when it happened but I have enough of it left to know that it fails me with much greater frequency than in the past.Smileycons!

No comments: