Wednesday, November 25

Southern living

I know there is a magazine with that name-Southern Living- and I decided to title this post with it. Our life in the north and south differ in many ways but also have many similarities. We are the same people after all and we have been married for 56 adventurous years. It takes a bit to adjust on both ends and it seems to take longer each time, but that could be an illusion.
One of the big adjustments is in the kitchen. Items are in different places and we do not take all of our equipment with us and it is a big decision. Most of us duplicate quite a bit but then there are always the very favorite things that cannot be duplicated. I am using my NuWave oven nearly every day and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite things. In fact, I have not turned on the RV stovetop or oven even once and we have only eaten out 3 times since arrival. I have also ordered the NuWave induction plate to replace the stovetop burners and it should arrive today. More fun!!
One of the things I have discovered about myself is that I enjoy the challenge of learning something new. That has driven me on the computer and most recently the oven. For me, it is fun.
Butch is playing pool every night from 6 to 8, golf on Tuesdays and cribbage on Thursdays afternoons. So far his life has not taken on the frantic pace it can down here. I think he has been ready for a slow-down of sorts from years past.

I have computer patients on occasion and it can be a mixed bag of success. Lately it has been tipping on the successful side and that relays a feeling of satisfaction.

Donn and Peggy are getting new steps today. I took a picture from where I sit at my computer so they will have a before and after. Donn power-washed the cement in front of their place and there is no question about where he ended. Did he stop for contrast or fatigue? Time will tell.

The old steps are somewhat hidden by the stack of chairs.


 Last Saturday Butch and I went to the Fiesta restaurant for breakfast tacos. Their tacos are made fresh every day and for many years I have wanted to get a picture of the ladies making tacos and I finally managed to get that done. We have decided it is the best place currently for breakfast tacos and we will be back.

No comments: