Sunday, March 22

Doing the I-10!

We are in Sulphur LA and settled in for now at the A Plus Motel and RV Park-2 miles south of I-10 at Exit 20. We left Three Rivers South Texas RV Park a little after 8:00 AM. We loved visiting with our friends but really we have no plans to go back to that area for many reasons. The truck traffic is horrendous. It is not easy to get around and other than our friends there is not much there but oilfields and oil trucks and massive fracking. 
We were on the road for well over a hundred miles before we saw even a hint of sunshine and even that did not last very long. We were talking about how long it has been since we saw clear skies for a 24 hour period and honestly it has been months!! The sun is shining here in Sulphur but there are still many clouds in the sky.
 It was not as bad going through Houston as I always anticipate. Still not fun though and we do not plan to go back that way anytime soon. It's always a test of skills; Butch for driving and me for keeping my mouth shut.
Tomorrow we will be staying at Payne's RV Park in Theodore AL. It is a Passport America Park and $14 dollars cheaper than this one. 3 miles south of I-10. Some of this is for me to check on later as you might be able to tell!!

No comments: