Pumpkin Pie Fudge
- 2.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- dash of ground cloves
- 1 (12-ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with foil.
- Butter the foil generously and set aside.
- Bring sugars, butter, half-and-half, pumpkin, and spices to a boil over medium to medium-low heat in a heavy-bottomed 5 quart pot, stirring frequently.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, to the soft ball stage using a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and stir in butterscotch chips until fully melted. This takes several minutes.
- Add the marshmallow creme and stir until blended.
- Add the vanilla and nuts and stir until combined.
- Pour into prepared dish and cool.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.