Saturday, July 5

The day after...

Awoke to a thunderstorm this morning so no walking with Colleen or biking to the river. I am disappointed. There are chores that need done here so I will get an early start on them. Load of laundry is in progress right now.
I keep thinking I should do some lesson planning for the computer classes but winging it seems to work down south so will probably find out how it works up north! I do have a few things in mind for a start.  You knew I would!

Books I have read most recently:
Mother Earth Father Sky (The Ivory Carver Trilogy ,1) by Sue Harrison
 A young woman fights for survival amid the brutality of the last Ice Age
It’s 7056 BC, a time before history. On the first day that Chagak’s womanhood is acknowledged within her Aleut tribe, she unexpectedly finds herself betrothed to Seal Stalker, the most promising young hunter in the village. A bright future lies ahead of Chagak—but in one violent moment, she loses her entire way of life. Left with her infant brother, Pup, and only a birdskin parka for warmth, Chagak sets out across the icy waters on a quest for survival and revenge.

This was a free book  with BookBub when I "purchased" it but I see it is no longer free. It hooked me enough to buy the other two.

Mother Earth Father Sky (The Ivory Carver Trilogy ,1) by Sue Harrison
My Sister the Moon (The Ivory Carver Trilogy,2)
Brother Wind (The Ivory Carver Trilogy, 3)



Always need to throw in a self help book now and then.
The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom..
Don Miguel Ruiz
In The Four Agreements, don Miguel Ruiz reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering. Based on ancient Toltec wisdom, The Four Agreements offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love.
 A New York Times bestseller for over 7 years


Raccoon River






No comments: