Monday, December 3

To the Movies

Butch and I ventured out of the park together. We went to the movies in McAllen. I wanted to see "Lincoln". Now we could have waited till it was showing locally as we have a theater about a mile from the park but we have not done anything out of the ordinary since we got here so we drove the 15.4 miles to the theater in McAllen to see "Lincoln" and it was worth the effort. The movie brought the man to life and made him very real. We can easily see the main actors being up for academy awards. I would see it again even though I am not much on watching movies twice.
There is a movie coming up that I may want to see. "The Impossible". Why am I hesitant? Because the preview made me cry. I am afraid I might sit for two hours and cry. It is about a couple vacationing with their children when the BIG tsunami hit and they get separated. I am not sure it has even been released yet but the preview was certainly powerful. It is a true story.

No comments: