Friday, December 7

Computer Class

Windows 8 is proving to be a challenge. The more I read about it the more I think it is a mistake. In my opinion they made the same mistake as the phone company's who have made their "phones" little tiny computers that do not work well as phones. So now Microsoft has made a great big "smartphone" that doesn't work well as a computer. It takes two to three times as many clicks/motions to get things done. In other words everything takes longer to do. Is that smart computing? Not in my book. We can hope they put out a major fix for it or come out with Windows 9 that resembles Windows 7. It looks to me like Apple is going to win this war. This too shall pass. I do have a friend who has Windows 8 and she says she likes it. She will have to show me why when she gets here. We had a few other simple fixes for various people. Like the easy ones. One thing I can say about all this is that it is a mental challenge and keeps me on top my game. My advice for Windows 7 users at this point is take very good care of your computer or start saving your nickels for an iPad or Mac.

No comments: