Tuesday, December 4

Weight loss

Okay so I know you are dieing to know. My total weight loss thus far is 14.5 pounds. I really expected it to be more than that but it is what it is. My body tends to hang on with an iron grip to all the extra I have supplied it with over the years. But I am hanging in there and not giving up. If anything it cements my resolve to succeed. I feel better, more flexible and everything seems easier, like walking etc. Also my clothes fit better and I have dropped a size in blue jeans. Heck, I avoided wearing blue jeans altogether! And if one stops to think about a  15 pound bag of potatoes you have a visual of how much less I am carrying around today than I was 8 weeks ago.
Butch on the other hand is very near his goal. He is looking very slim and trim. I think his total loss thus far is 18 pounds. He has a different mindset than I do. He is looking forward to the day when he can have his special "treats". I am not doing that. I know those special "treats" are my undoing and if I ever have them again it will have to be a very special and rare event and I am okay with it. Yeah, the unfairness of it grates on me now and then but it is proof of my maturity that it hasn't knocked me for a loop. The truth be known I really haven't missed those so-called treats very much at all.
And then there is my friend Pat in Jefferson waiting to see how I fared with my plan over the winter. I am almost halfway to my goal, Pat! Whoohoo!!

2 comments:

The Bright's said...

Wow... GOOD FOR YOU!! We both desperately need to and want to shed some of the many pounds we have put on with this RV Life. But HOW??

Barbara Brooker said...

We use South Beach and it has worked very well for us.