Friday, July 27

I can see, I can see!

The second eye has been done and what a relief. I could see much better right away. It has been only a few hours so I do have some recovery to do yet but I can tell this time will be much better. Living with only one done and my vision being what it was proved to be worse than I thought. It was much like only having one functioning eye.
The procedures were done in two separate hospitals and I cannot help but compare. I like Boone. It is a very nice town and our son and his family live there but when it comes to a recommendation as to which hospital I would choose again it would hands down be Greene County Medical Center. They were professional and got the job done in both facilities and everyone knew their jobs and did them well. It felt to me that Jefferson went one step beyond and took it to an almost spa-like experience.

In Jefferson we were greeted at the front desk and we had one nurse throughout, walking us through each step. In Boone we registered and then were told where to go for the next step. In total I would say I had at least 6 different people doing different things at different times.
In Jefferson after the initial steps were done we waited in a community area with the patients in recliners and their companions sitting next to them. Conversation soon flowed amongst everyone. Butch had brought the Kindle and did not have time to read it. Coffee and donuts were provided by a hostess to everyone. Of course the patients had to wait till after their procedure. But in Boone we were each in our own little cubicle and Butch had plenty of time to read the Kindle. There was a TV in the cubicle but we didn't watch it. We had to be in Boone at 7:00 AM so we did not take time for coffee or breakfast. I could not have either of course. Butch was never offered anything nor was he told where he could go to get anything. Only the patient received any refreshment.
There were many other small differences and it is amazing how those little extra touches make such a difference.  Like I said before things were done as they should have been in both facilities but the Jefferson experience was remarkably different, special and upscale.

No comments: