Saturday, June 2

Auction Today

We took a day off from our usual routine and spent the day at a local auction. There were a few items we had a mild interest in so we set our internal limits and settled in. Butch had a nail puller, some clamps and a miscellaneous box of tools that held a few choice items he was interested in. I found a magnifying lamp that I thought was cool and told Butch to go as high as $10.  Butch was successful on his items and he even got mine for $6. When we came home I did a search for my new $6 Eschenbach magnifying lamp and discovered that new it cost $399.61 on Amazon.com! I was gobsmacked as they say. I knew it was a nice one but had no idea it was that nice. The only negative to it is that a smoker owned it and I have been trying to remove that smell with ammonia  ever since we got home  and I can still smell it. I will keep working on it. One suggestion I have heard is to place the item in the sun and now that I have cleaned it thoroughly I may try that next. The auction was fun and as long as I do not go too often it will remain fun. I am still holding off on buying too much until I know exactly where I will place it. And I now have a new rule that It will have to be a very special item to buy from a smoker. That smell is too hard to get rid of.

Butch ordered the windows yesterday and it will take 3 weeks to get them. That is the bad news. The good news is that there is plenty to do until they get here.

No comments: