Sunday, May 27

New phone

A whole lot of yesterday was spent on learning about the phone. I read tutorials...downloaded apps etc. Just learning how to slide, pinch and tap in a timely manner is a challenge. Being computerized has given me a leg up because they are essentially mini computers but it is also like trying to learn a new operating system. Slow going. Butch says to teach him how to answer the phone, make a call and speak a text message and that is all he wants to know about it. It dings every time a new email comes in and I told Butch he would need to learn to ignore that sound. He is having a tough time doing that.
The kindle app was already on the phone so all I had to do was put my Amazon user name and password in and I have all the features of my kindle on the phone. I always or nearly always have the phone with me so this is VERY handy if I find myself waiting somewhere. I can read a book! I tried it out and it worked very well.
We haven't used the GPS yet but I have looked it over and I am sure it will work fine.
I downloaded Word with Friends but the screen is awfully small. I prefer using the computer for that and reading and answering email as well as browsing the web. But those things can be done on the phone and I am sure there are times I will use it for that.
I tried out the camera and it is a great improvement over the other phone camera. I took a picture of myself... I am always shocked when I do this. It is a stark contrast from how I look and how I think I look. Oh well, Father Time is not kind. I can get Picasa on the phone and that should help the transfer of pictures from phone to computer and vice versa. See?, I am not done fiddling with the phone. Every bit as time consuming as setting up a new computer.
The battery in the phone seems to go down very quickly. I have hopes this will improve, thinking it is all my fiddling with it that is making it drain off in a hurry.
This too shall pass...

No comments: