Sunday, April 29

And we continue...


Internet with Verizon...continued.April 28, 2012
A Verizon tech engineer called me this afternoon and said they had sent someone to the tower to investigate and they should soon have an answer for me later today. Hmmmm I am writing this at 8:12 PM and I do not have an answer. We have speculated that he got lost trying to find this non existing tower. I said he is probably stuck on top. Butch said he doesn't have to go on top. I said but he does have to find the damn thing. We have had great fun speculating on the possibilities.

We have another and different problem that came to light the last few days. We have a young girl who lives behind our place. I am guessing her age to be somewhere between 5-7. The neighbors told us she was on top of our motorhome a couple of days ago. Yes, on top! Climbed the ladder on the back. Her mother yelled at her and she got down. The mother knows how to yell and it has been our experience that is what she does best. This girl is a handful. Last summer she was driving a 4 wheeler by herself and going at top speed full out all the time in circles around their house and through the alley. I do not think her mother is up to the challenge. Bert and Everett also told us that she had opened our water hydrant...fortunately we had the water completely shut off. We would padlock it if we had not done that. But she had also opened a compartment on Gary and Susan's RV. Butch thought he had locked them all but apparently he had missed one. I do not think we can trust this youngster to leave our property alone. We plan on informing the police what she has been up to in case we need that on record for any future mishaps. Butch is also going to come up with a solution to make the back ladder inacessible. Any ideas? I thought maybe barbed wire...

You all remember Everett Beebe and his wife Bert. He is the fellow who had the heart attack while driving down our street. Everett is doing fine and he stops by to visit when he takes their dog Hunter for a walk. I know many of you have asked  how he  has been getting along. The answer is great!!


Sunday, April 29, 2012
The little hellion who lives behind continued. I told Butch I was going to come up with something to tell her when she comes over again. I am thinking about  telling her we have hidden cameras and we know everything she has done and that she is not allowed over here because she can not be trusted. And that if we see her over here again she could be arrested. Harsh, you say? Why not be friends with the child instead?
I could consider that...things usually work out as they are supposed to so we will see how this one goes.

Oh yes, I have a working internet...it works for 5-10 minutes and then quits...slower than 1996 dial up. The engineer must be up a pole with a screwdriver tuning us up. It is a baby step and still no phone call.

No comments: