Friday, September 2

Todays entry...

I have been meaning to get some new pictures to update our work on the house but other stuff kept getting in the way. Maybe tomorrow.
I succumbed to peer pressure and did not use Roundup on my flower bed. I pulled all the weeds, flowers etc to start over with a clean slate. Neighbor Bill across the street asked me if I wanted some iris. Since mine did not bloom this year I said I certainly would like some iris. After digging mine all up I did think I might try replanting them to see if their problem was merely needing a new place to bloom. Maybe....still undecided. Friend Denise offered me some seeds from her really strange but beautiful plant named "Love Lies Bleeding"
Here is a picture of it taken from Google images.


I was hot tired and very sweaty after tackling the flower bed. Took a shower and got into dry clothes and then the mail came. With a bill for $106 . Butch and I have very good health insurance and we have paid dearly for it. We have not had one medical expense not paid for in all the years we have had it until we moved here. I swallowed hard and paid the first small bill from the clinic we now deal with, knowing full well that it had to be incorrectly submitted or it would have been paid. But then we got a bigger bill today for a tetanus shot given to Butch.  So I called billing and was told that Blue Cross/Blue Shield never pays for tetanus. I told her ours does and always has. She said you had better call them because they are not now. I was more than a little pissed off. So I called them. They informed me the problem is the way it was submitted. The clinic needs to send them a  paper from Medicare stating the  denial  and then they will pay it. This seems very fundamental to me. Apparently the clinic is submitting the bill to BC/BS BEFORE they have the denial from Medicare. Of course they will not pay it before Medicare denies it. If this issue cannot be resolved we will be going somewhere that can handle our insurance issues. As it is I cannot get it resolved until Tuesday morning. I am hoping it is a simple thing. When things cannot be resolved for several days it is hard for me to put it out of my mind until it can be resolved. 

No comments: