Tuesday, August 30

And then...

Sunday I went to the conference center on Lake Panorama for a J.I.G.'s gathering. For those who do not know, JIGS is Jefferson Iowa Girls. Jigs meets about once a month and it is made up of women who grew up in Jefferson. It is a great time to visit and see old friends and acquaintances we do not have the opportunity to visit  with regularly. There were seven of us in attendance and it was fun.
While I was thus occupied Butch was home trying to install a new shower door in the motorhome. He was still at it when I returned home and we continued to be at it until after 8:00 PM that evening. Now we have a new shower door and I can get in and out of it unassisted ...and that is a good thing.
Yesterday Butch went out to Leo and Keri's to help Leo with a Direct TV satellite dish. He was not successful and it is a sore and painful subject for Leo and Keri. We have been very successful in getting assistance from Direct TV. Let's just say Leo and Keri have not.
While Butch was gone I ran across a casserole recipe and I happened to have all the ingredients on hand. It was for Beef Nacho Casserole so I decided why not make it for lunch. It is still warm enough that I did not want to use the moho oven so I baked it in the garage stove. Worked out great and the casserole was sitting on the table when Butch came home. I asked him if he would like some. He said sure. Now Peggy and Kay S. are going to love this and roll on the floor laughing. His next statement was ..."Who brought that?"
Would you guess that I rarely turn on an oven?
Smileycons!


No comments: