Saturday, September 3

Red All Over Coleslaw

I was telling Keri about the following recipe and she thought it sounded really good. So do I! And then she suggested I put it on the blog. It helps to have these recipes on the blog. Then if my computer should go belly up I will still have many of my favorite recipes.


Red All Over Cole Slaw
10-ounce package grated red cabbage*
Medium red onion, diced
½ cup dried cherries or cranberries
½ cup red pistachios (optional)
10-ounce can shredded beets, well drained (optional)
10- to 12-ounce jar strawberry or raspberry jelly, jam or preserves
1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
In a small saucepan, gently heat the jam or jelly until it softens and stir in vinegar. Fold
into a mixture of all the other ingredients. Stir again before serving.
*If you prefer to grate your own red cabbage you’ll need about 6 cups 



PS Butch would not touch this recipe in a million years. I do not think I could sneak it past him no matter how hard I tried. Still it sure sounds good to me.

No comments: