Saturday, August 27

Yesterday

A very enjoyable day. We went to Ames with Estel and Pat for a meeting with Alliant Energy people about our health insurance and the changes being made. I almost titled this "Don't Cry Until You Are Hurt". For some it will be more costly but for us wonder of wonder and joy of joys it will be a big annual raise. We are still in a bit of a shock about it. Other long ago retirees have been paying little or nothing for their supplemental insurance whereby Butch and I have been paying a tidy little sum per month. The pendulum  for us has swung the other way. Come January we will be getting a raise.

Taken while sitting at my computer in the early morning. I love the way the light comes through the tree. Hard to capture but that was my goal in taking this photo.

My work on the path has commenced.

The installation of the east breezeway door looks great . Still need to get some siding and paint the trim but we are very happy with the final product.


No comments: