Wednesday, August 17

Fact finding

Butch and I went on a fact finding trip yesterday to the Des Moines area. We needed to find out more about pocket doors. Of course we stopped to see Mickey and go to lunch. Kinda got stuck there but that was okay. Mickey gave me a clump of a flowering plant from her yard. I had seen it flowering in the past and taken a picture of it. Seen here

The ones Mickey gave me were drooping pretty well by the time we got home so I quickly stuck them in some dirt and they look perky this morning. They are the ones closest to the camera. The other is a hosta that stayed too long in the pot so looks a little haggard. I hope it comes into its own next spring.
Here is some more info on this clever little plant.

After we had our enjoyable visit with Mickey we stopped at a lumberyard in Grimes and picked their brain about pocket doors. They were quite obliging and I think we know enough now to proceed.
We stopped at the Farmers Market when we arrived in Jefferson because I wanted some tomatoes and to look over the other offerings. We ran into Jack and Denise right away and the guys had their picture taken with the Farmers Market Fairy, Chris Henning.
All in all it was great get-away day. And we had not done that in awhile.

No comments: