Tuesday, September 7

Hosting Job

With the departure of the campground hosts,Ted & Jan, we will be taking on new duties. With the waning of the season it will not be nearly as much of a job as it was earlier. It sounds like we are not busy now and that is far from the truth. Thunder Bay Resort picks up considerably when the leaf color changes and elk bugling begins. I understand the sound is unmistakable. The leaf color has started but I have yet to hear a bugling elk. We have many tours coming in this next month, many of them overlapping. I am sure they were booked with hopes of brilliant leaf color and noisy elk.
I was thinking this morning...Butch hates it when I'm thinking...that we should do our fall housecleaning. This is when we go through the place and pare it all down, setting aside things for the first garage sale in Magnolia Park. We are in a good place to do a thorough cleaning as we do not have a bunch on our agenda nor many distractions. Yup, I think we will do that!
When I turned on the computer this morning there was a severe weather warning for this area. I say this area but it was actually west of us about 14 miles. It is rare this summer to have a weather alert and in addition to that the weather pattern is much like in the mountains-in other words you cannot tell what direction it will be coming from if any. I am sure the fact of being between two large bodies of water makes the weather somewhat unpredictable. I have come to the conclusion that severe weather such as the plains is subject to doesn't happen here. That will take some getting used to when we return to the volatile weather of the plains states.
Oh yeah, Butch is golfing.

No comments: